Preparing For Your Spray Tan....
For the healthiest tan, start with the healthiest skin!
The most important thing to prepare for a spray tan is to exfoliate thoroughly 24 hours beforehand paying particular attention to drier areas such as knees, elbows, heels and feet. This will remove dry skin and provide a new, smooth surface for your tan. Exfoliating helps to provide an even coverage and will lengthen the duration of the tan. The better condition of your skin the better the tan will last so we would also recommend that you moisturise regularly to keep the best possible condition. You must always moisturise the day BEFORE your tan is to be applied, NEVER on the day.
- Shave or wax and moisturise the night before your application NOT ON THE DAY.
- Remove jewellery and contact lenses before your session.
- Be completely free of make-up, moisturiser, perfume and deodorant before your session.
After Care & Maintenance
- Avoid long hot baths and showers as these speed up exfoliation.
- Pat your skin dry after a bath or shower. Rubbing your skin will rub off your tan.
- Avoid swimming pools or sea water as these can reduce your tan
- Moisturise daily, especially after bathing, to maintain your sunless tan. For best results use a water based moisturiser. Don’t use oil based moisturisers, they can cause blotchy areas.
- Do not exfoliate skin for at least 48 hours after your sunless tanning application. When you do exfoliate, do so gently and evenly to preserve an even sunless tan.
- If sun-bathing remember to wear a sunscreen. Sunless products do not contain sunscreen. Although you look like you have a tan, you will still need a sunscreen to prevent your skin from burning.